Sunday, January 5, 2014

2013 Year in Review

January: I went on my first ever road trip! Jon and Kwinn and I went to Monticello temple, then drove to Vernal. We went to the temple there with Ben (which was awkward at the time, as the first time we had seen each other since breaking up) and then went to the Manti temple with Ashley. It was a blast! 

February: The highlight of this month was such a good day. On that day, I got the letter from Ben, the one telling me that he wanted to marry me (whether I went on a mission or not) and my acceptance letter from BYU. It was my dream-come-true-day. 

March: I was preparing like crazy for my wedding. We got married really fast from when we decided to get married, mostly because of school and some of my family's schedules. 

April: Ben and I got married! Marrying Ben was the best thing I've ever done. He treats me so well, I don't know how I got so lucky to deserve his love. We also went on our honeymoon, which was huge for me because I have not been very many places. Now I have also traveled down the coast of California and into Mexico on our cruise. 

May: I started at BYU! I have not made the folk dance team yet, but I love BYU. We also moved into our cute little apartment. 

June: Ben and I spent June super spoiled. We did basically whatever we wanted and had a blast being newly weds. It was a fun, uneventful month. 

July: I got my job at Response. I didn't stay there long, but I really liked it when I got it. 

August: Ben and I ran five miles together, from Oquirrh Mountain Temple to Jordan River Temple. We didn't train for it, so it was really hard for us, but we ran the whole way. That's the furthest I have run without stopping and I was proud of it. 

September: I switched majors from Psychology to FACS Ed to my current major--family life, emphasis family studies. I love my major and I love all the classes I need to take for it so far. I'm really glad I found it, because it is perfect for me. 

October: I sold my little red car--without any accidents or tickets in it (a first)! I also learned to drive stick shift, so I could drive Ben's little car, Toothless, to school everyday. I was also very proud of that. 

November: Ben, Jon, Ashley, Kwinn, and I all went on a roadtrip down to St. George and got stranded when our car broke down. It turned into quite the adventure, with us carrying all our stuff across roads under construction and to church, finally staying with Kwinn's aunt and uncle, who became close friends. It was really fun. 

December: This month was huge. Jeremy, my best friend, got home from his mission in Finland. I finished off the semester with all A's and A-'s (even in my math class!)). Ben and I spent our first Christmas together. I turned 21. 

This year had a few ups and downs, but I loved it. I was so very blessed during it. I once asked Jon why I had so many blessings in my life. He told me that it was so I could use them to bless other people. This next year, I want to remember that and live up to my Heavenly Father's expectations of me. 

2014 is going to be another great year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment