Sunday, January 19, 2014

Aeropostale Date: Does Aeropostale have scarves?

Charly likes to plan dates and I like to improvise on dates. It works well for us that way.

Back when Charly and I were dating we went on a date to the Gateway mall in SLC. The date was fun. I think we ate at Tucanos which was cool for me because it's a Brazilian restaurant.

After that we were wandering around the mall when we saw a cloths store... It might have been Hollister... I don't remember for sure but there were some couches in the front so we sat down. People that came in the store would stare at us so I decided to start welcoming them to the store.


"Welcome to Hollister!" I said as a person walked in. They gave me a strange look.


I looked over at Charly. "We should go do this for real at a store!" I said.

"Ok," She replied.

We found an Aeropostale and went inside. "Can we talk to the manager?" I asked one of the workers. "Sure," the worker said.

When the manager came up to us I started my lie.

"Hey, we are doing some volunteer work because it is so close to Christmas and we were wondering if we could stand at your entrance and welcome people in to the store?"

The manager brightened right up at my words. "Of course!" She said. "You can even give them our pitch!"

After she explained the pitch to us Charly and I went to the front of the store and started welcoming people in. We were having tones of fun for some reason and so I'm sure we were smiling really well when we welcomed new customers. We even had a customer ask us where a scarf was which was a big deal because when I went to answer I realized that I didn't know if Aeropostale even sold scarfs so I turned to look back in the store to see...

Needless to say it was one of the funnest dates I've been on just because it was so different. If you ever need something to do on a date I would highly recommend fake volunteering to be a greater at a store.

No comments:

Post a Comment