Sunday, January 26, 2014

6'6" Makes Any Car Seem Small.

Ben and I went down to West Jordan this weekend. While we were down there, my parents wanted to take us out to dinner for our birthdays on Saturday night. Since I had dance in the morning, I was already down there; Ben had to take the train from his work to meet up with us. We were going to pick him up from the station and then head straight to dinner.

We took my mom's car, since it's the nicest. Luckily, it's also the roomiest. My mom was driving with Luke in the front passenger seat. That left the back for Ben and I. 

When we pulled into the station, we found Ben right away, talking with a couple of people. I got out of the car, to signal Ben and get a we've-been-apart-all-day hug. He ran over to me to get my phone for the guy he was talking with to borrow. We waited while the guy, Wallace, talked to his mom. 

When he hung up, Ben asked him, "So you have someone coming?"

"Why?" Wallace answered. "You offering us a ride?"

Ben looked at the car, back at Wallace and Mia, then back at the car and laughed. "If we had room, I definitely would be. I don't think we have room." 


We said our goodbyes and climbed into the car. As my mom started driving out of the parking lot, we told her the story, laughing. 

"Well," my mom said, "where are they headed?" 

"West Jordan somewhere." 

"That's the way we're headed," she said. "If we could squeeze them in, I don't see why we couldn't drop them off on the way." We turned around and Ben ran after the couple. Ben opened the door for them, then walked around to the other side. He slid in, closed the door, then pulled me up on his lap. I bent over, leaning my head on the seat in front of me. Even still, we were squeezed in pretty tight. Poor Wallace still had to bend his head down to fit.

It was quite the adventure. It was nice to be able to help them out and Ben and I always love meeting new people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment