Friday, December 20, 2013

Surprise Presents

KC loves clothes. He likes to look good, to put it more accurately. Most of the time he uses that to get me nice clothes, but that's not what this story is about. It's about his surprise birthday present.
We usually get KC's clothes from Jos A Bank, since he works there. Unfortunately, that makes it very difficult to surprise him since he's always there when I am. His birthday was coming up, and I wanted to surprise him with something. I'd gotten him lots of clothes for birthday and Christmas, but he knew about all of them. (I almost surprised him with some vests, but the store called his phone to tell him they had come in. Ugh. Thwarted again.)

One day, I went to Jos A Bank to visit KC. They were very busy and we only had a few minutes to talk. I waited a couple hours. While KC helped a customer, I talked to Richard, who wasn't busy at the moment. Richard mentioned a burgundy sport shirt that KC liked. I brightened up. 

"Is that the same one he showed me the other day?" I asked. 

Richard shrugged. "I don't know. Let me show you which one it is." 

We walked to the sport shirts. He grabbed the burgundy shirt and showed it to me. I grinned. 
"That's the one." I had a mischievous look on my face. "KC thinks we don't have any money for any more presents. But I still have plenty saved up. Could you ring me up while he's distracted?" 

Richard looked back at KC. He was still helping the customer in the back, out of sight from the register. He nodded. "Yeah, not a problem!" 

I handed him my debit card and walked away so that if KC glanced over, he wouldn't be suspicious. Richard quickly rang the shirt up and paid for it with my card. While he put it in a bag, I walked back to KC. I had realized that if I waited around any longer, he'd see me with a bag and he'd know what I'd done. I'd already been there for a couple hours, so it was time to leave anyways. He looked disappointed that I was leaving, but we said goodbye and I walked to the front of the store. Richard handed me the bag and I left.

KC didn't have a clue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment