Sunday, July 7, 2013

Our Story (In Only 20 Lines)

We met at my cousin's birthday party.
Ben liked me. I thought he was a creeper.
He asked me out.
I said yes.
That was the night I fell for Benjamin Anderson.

We started playing the "I like you but don't know if you like me" game. A year passed.
Then he took me dancing.
That night, we became official. It was both wonderful and awful.
Wonderful, because we were in love.
Awful, because it was long distance.

After six months of dating, we realized something in our relationship was off.
The timing just wasn't right. We knew it and the Lord knew it.
We trusted the Lord, so we broke up.
And my heart broke.
Four months later, we started talking again, just as friends.

Six months after we broke up, Ben told me he still loved me.
Eight months after we broke up, he wrote me a letter.
At this point, I had my mission call. He told me he wanted me to stay home and marry him.
So I did.
Best decision I have ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment